Search This Blog

7.10.2011

Poetry from the past

It seems like it was only yesterday when I wrote this poem. And no, we no longer are together. Probably for the best. 


you


Thirsty.
Thirsty for your love.
Thirsty for your touch.
Thirsty for your soul.
Thirsty to hear the words from you that you feel the same way I do.


Empty.
Empty from frustration.
Empty from confusion.
Empty from dissatisfaction.
Empty to feel anything anymore because I've given all of myself away.


Alone. 
Alone to bear all the hurts.
Alone to bear all the pain.
Alone to bear all the troubles. 
Alone to shoulder the vicissitudes of time in this journey called life.


Resolved.
Resolved that I shall no longer be prisoner.
Resolved that I shall break free from these chains.
Resolved that I shall free myself into wellness.
Resolved to loosen myself from the grip of apathy, hopelessness and despair that is you.

No comments: