Search This Blog

10.07.2009

Retreat

This is a re-posting of a poem I wrote (3.31.2008). It just reminds me of how much I need to set aside time to be able to think and meditate and contemplate and reflect on God! It's a good reminder to me of what happens when I spend time with Him... He speaks!



Lessons by the sea

In the distance, I hear the ocean's roar
Its peaceful waves lapping the shore
It caught my ear, it caught my eye
Such a vision, so near, so nigh

As I looked, it spoke to me
Mortal man, can you see?
I, His work, proclaim His name
Do you, His beloved, do the same?

My tongue was tied, I could not speak
Here, its waters, so mighty so deep
Its roar, explain it cannot, to those who can hear
Its language so alien, so foreign, imperceptible to the ear

Yet I gifted with the tongue of men
With language that the ear can understand
Fail to declare while the ocean perseveres
The God who loves, who loves even me

I guess this is what happens when I heed the words "be still"
His mighty works I even begin to hear
O God, loosen my tongue that I may praise
For ever did I hear even the ocean say

God is near, here and everywhere
His praise, His works will never fail
To proclaim, to declare, to shout, to roar
The Blood of the Lamb conquers all

To us, His children, are given this task
To show His love as in His love we bask
Our sins as great as they may ever be
Greater still is He, our Saviour, our King

As fast as feet could ever fly
The Lord is Risen, must be our cry
His kingdom there shall be no end
Usher must we His kingdom, till all knees bend


and scene...

1 comment:

Mrs. Middlemiss said...

love this!
especially the second last stanza?
mhm.