Search This Blog

7.19.2010

Forever...

This whole forever business has gotten me thinking. I was doing my devos today and came upon this verse

"I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. " - Psa. 52:9

Praising God forever... while that is a beautiful thought and definitely something I would like to achieve... that word "forever" attached right after "praise" is ummm... problematic. There's a part of me that thinks that within 5 minutes of sending "Publish Post", I probably would already start thinking about anything and everything else other than God, let alone praising Him.

-----------------------------
I went to Ottawa's Bluesfest "World Gospel Jam" last Saturday and got a chance to see some great performers like Richie Righteous, New World Son, and Group 1 Crew. The one thing that I was thinking while listening to them was how much I loved Christian music because it not only entertains me, but it also allows me to focus my thoughts and my heart to God, the reason why all these artists are doin' their thang. While I have no problems listening to secular music, I do notice that they're not very good at reminding me of God's goodness and grace. If I already have ADD about the whole "forever" aspect of praising Him, maybe I should listen to more Christian music :P

---------------------------
I got a chance to talk to a friend of mine in French last week and it was probly the longest convo I've had since coming back from North Africa where I had to speak in French. I need more speaking opportunities. I think the one thing that I don't like about my oral and written French is that I'm not able to manipulate words like I could in English. And only more practice can help me with that.


Dear God, I pray that I would be able to think of You, concentrate on You, meditate on You, and praise You more consistently and intentionally throughout the day. May I live in Your presence every second of this day. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.


and scene...

No comments: