Search This Blog

7.28.2009

a poem i never gave to a girl...

In the darkness of night,
I feel a warm ray of light
Confused, perplexed, amazed was I
The sun has set
The moon is nigh
And yet such warmth I felt could not be denied.

Like Prometheus who stole fire from the gods,
You have stolen the sun from the sky
Like Prometheus who gave fire to mortal men,
So thou hast shared its radiant beams to those on earth who dwell

I have heard tis folly to go near the sun
Too close and fiery death shall be my demise
Yet I long to know the sun
Though like Icharus I might collide

I long to knows its mystery
Hidden from my eyes
I wonder at its glorious beauty
My naked eye can't behold such sheer delight

Ensconced in such lofty heights
Shrouded with a veil of mystery,
Unsearchable, unknowable thou art,
O daughter of the heavenlies
Yet if thou seest fit to manifest thyself as a daughter of Eve
Thy secret, true nature, may yet be fathomable for a Son of Adam like me?

Wilt thou forever remain as a daughter of the heavenlies,
Or have I gained favour in thy sight, O daughter of Eve

No comments: